Gibson General Hospital offers big city medicine in the comfort of a rural atmosphere – meaning that you can expect much of the same technology and quality you expect at an urban hospital, but receive the individualized care that you deserve from your family, friends and neighbors.
In addition to our high quality, patient-centered focus, Gibson General Hospital offers you:
Gibson General Hospital has been recognized by numerous organizations for high-quality treatment:
- 2009 Get With The Guidelines – Heart Failure Gold Performance Achievement Award, from the American Heart Association
- 2009 Clinical Performance Award, from Alliant Management Services
- 2008 Healthy Cities and Communities Award, presented to Lifestyles Diabetes Center from the World Health Organization (WHO) Collaborating Center for Health Cities at Indiana University’s School of Nursing.
- 2008 Get With The Guidelines – Heart Failure Silver Performance Achievement Award, from the American Heart Association
In order to ensure that we provide the best healthcare possible, Gibson General Hospital uses the latest healthcare technology to assist our physicians, nurses and staff in your treatment. Some our recent technological advancements include:
- Wireless, high-definition laparoscopy system in the operating room
- Digital Mammography
- 64-Slice CT Scanner
- 1.5-Tesla MRI
- Electronic Medical Records
- Picture Archival and Communications System (PACS)
Gibson General Hospital physicians specialize in a variety of fields, including orthopedics and sports medicine, general surgery, family medicine, internal medicine and more. In fact, more than half of our active staff has practiced in the community for 25 years or more.
We also partner with other specialists to bring a variety of additional services to the area, including cardiology, gastroenterology, neurology and urology.
Close to Home
For more than 100 years, Gibson General Hospital has provided Gibson County and the surrounding area with high quality, patient-centered and cost-effective care.
We are the only hospital in Gibson County and we value our commitment to the community. We continuously strive to offer needed healthcare services so patients do not have to leave the community to receive quality care.