Our comprehensive outpatient Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program provides education and exercise for people who have pulmonary disease, such as asthma, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis, occupational or environmental lung disease, neuromuscular disease; as well as those who have had lung surgeries or are awaiting a lung transplant.
The program serves a variety of goals, among them:
- Helping patients gain control over symptoms, relieving conditions such as shortness of breath,
- Providing an increased sense of well-being,
- Maximizing physical strength and tolerance,
- Teaching patients and family members about chronic lung disease,
- Helping them cope with limitations and frustration of lung disease, and
- Improving their overall quality of life.