Lifestyles is a diabetes self-management education (DSME) program organized to follow the American Diabetes Association (ADA) guidelines for diabetes self-management. Our staff of diabetes educators includes a registered nurse and a registered dietician. We offer individual and group classes, which clients are encouraged to bring a support person.
Group Class Topics include:
- Understanding diabetes
- Meal Planning
- Blood Sugar Monitoring
- Nutrition and Exercise
- Preventing Complications
- Goal Setting and Behavioral Change
- Stress and Coping
Individual Counseling include:
- Intensive Insulin Management and Pump Training
- Individiual Meal Planning
- Carbohydrate counting for Insuling Management
- Special needs which cannot be met in group classes
Gestational Diabetes: Lifestyles Diabetes Center offers consultation to women with diabetes during pregnancy. Topics include meal planning, blood sugar monitoring and, if needed, insulin instruction.